Barn Quilt Locations
3339 W US Hwy 36, Urbana
Barn Owners: John and Bonnie Warman
Quilt Square: "Maple Leaf"
Sponsors: Warman Family
In 1950 a smaller barn was demolished and the current structure was completed in the fall of that same year. Mrs. Ring owned the property at that time and the tenant was D. Junior Luse. A square dance was held to celebrate the completion of the barn. Many people from all over the county came and they ran out of pop after 19 crates! Otie Knotts and his band played as he called the dances. The stairs to the hayloft were not yet finished, so a wagon of hay was used for climbing to the loft.
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park