Barn Quilt Locations
6375 State Route 54, Mechanicsburg
Barn Owners: John Wilson and Kelly Evans-Wilson
Quilt Square: "Double Wedding Ring"
Sponsors: The Wilson Family
The barn's original stone foundation was built in the early 1900s and today's structure was constructed in the 1940s. The Wilson family purchased the farm in 1961.
John and Kelly selected the "Double Wedding Ring" pattern because Kelly's grandmother made them a double wedding ring quilt on their wedding day. The bright colors were selected by John, Kelly and their children.
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park