Barn Quilt Locations
12532 Rosedale Rd Mechanicsburg
Barn Owners: Jeff and Heather Tiefenthaler
Quilt Square: "Hens & Chicks"
Sponsors: Community Car & Pet Wash
The barn was built in 1949 for the previous owners, the Eades Family. Amish workers completed the wood portion of the barn. The original purpose was for housing a workshop and tool storage, some grain storage and many a basketball game on the second floor.
The quilt pattern, known as Hens and Chicks, and the colors chosen are favorites of Heather.
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park